How many of you are afraid of going to the feed store because....

Are you afraid of going to the feed store b/c you might buy chicks?

• Yes- I might buy more chicks. Oh dear!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No- I have the will power to resist!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I will buy chicks with a clear conscience, thank you!

• Total voters
:lol:CHICKS!? That noise you hear is my door slamming and the car starting up.
I got five EE's from the feed store here-all pullets and they will simply not stop laying. MY coop is full of hatchery bought hens and the nests overflowing with eggs-well not all are hatchery stock........some came from the local auction.

When I went in to the store for the tylan, the guy showed me his schedule of chicks -- different ones every two weeks through the spring! Oh, that will be so hard to resist! Hoping my hens are totally over this little croupy episode by then! Not that they want competition.
big_smile.png

I always look, decide if I have had or liked that breed before and then buy what I want.
Never mind the more than 200 chicks and ducklings coming in from hatcheries this spring or all that is incubating in my big Sportsman! Never mind the more than 200 chicks still in the brooder room or the other 300+ chickens roaming the farm.
And DH is just as bad!
lau.gif

Afraid? Not me, I think up reasons to make extra trips!!!!!!

Sure I'd rather not support hatcheries and all their underhanded breeding/marketing, but dangit I just can't seem to stop hatching roosters! I've GOT to get pullets from SOMEWHERE!

Yeah, that is why I buy so many hatchery chicks. I hatch loads of roos! Pretty as they are I just can't seem to get eggs out of them!
I order in hatchery girls for my free range flock I sell eggs out of and hatch some breeds I like to add to that but really hatch a lot of cutie birds for myself to enjoy. Thank goodness for plenty of land and bountiful blessings! If I can't feed them then they feed me.

Back
Top Bottom