How many of you share meals?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EweSheep, Apr 18, 2009.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    After yesterday, at the Steak and Shake, I saw numberous couples eating ONE hamburger, one side order of fries between the two of them. The meal cost less than four dollars. Some would order SMALL soda or just plain water. The real reason, too many folks are out of work and Caterpillar plant is "on vacation" for unspecific time.

I do order a shared meal with my daughter when the three of us go out to eat, I would share a hamburger or tenderloin or chicken with my DD and found out it was cheaper for us to share than to order individually.

So do you guys share it with your family members? How do you share it? Appetizers, or dinner?

Share how you make it stretch your family outings a bit.

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Our 2 youngest are no longer able to eat from the child's menu but an adult meat is still too much. They usually agree on a meal and then share it. My older dd or my husband and I usually order something so that we can share with the 3 yr old - who has a big appetite for such a small boy. We have always shared and do not frequent restaurants that have 'no sharing' on their menus.

My in-laws routinely share. They even at times share a water or tea.

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Wow, I never saw any places that would say "no sharing" on their menus!

I would even ask for an extra plate, if I had to be charged for an extra dollar! (for them to wash it LOL). And I have not yet been charged for that extra plate for my daughter!

If I do find one that has NO sharing on the menu or on front door or counter, I am certain we will turn around and find other places to eat out at.

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    There once was a time when some of the Olive Garden restaurants looked poorly on sharing. I have seen many restaurants in my day request no sharing.

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    DW and I share all of the time. Her idea, not mine.

6. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    Depending on where we are eating and the size amount of the food they bring out, my husband and I share lots of times. Even if we order different meals we still swap and share.

7. hennypenny9

hennypenny9 Chillin' With My Peeps

I honestly can't remember the last time I ate out. I don't like to share, though. It's too hard to agree on something we both like, and I get irritated when we compromise on something I don't really want. But I always bring it home, so I get at least two meals out of it. I figure that if I go out, it's going to cost me, so I make sure not to go out if I really can't afford to.

I bet I haven't eaten at a sit-down restaurant this whole year!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by