1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How many of you vaccinate?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Minniechickmama, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Since I have started a small hatchery (not certified yet, but working on it), I am considering what vaccines to use on my stock I am hatching/buying along the way.
    How many of you vaccinate your own birds? Which vaccines do you use?
    Pox?
    AE?
    Mareks?
    Newcastles?
    Others?

Thanks.
    Theri

2. mdbokc

mdbokc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Oklahoma County, OK
    I have mine vaccinated for Mareks only each time.

3. colebarnhart

colebarnhart Chillin' With My Peeps

Look and see what your other hatchery business competition offers it's customers. If you were buying baby chix from a hatchery what vacc options would you want available to you?

4. ericnash

ericnash Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2011
    I have not vaccinated my chicks because I am trying to keep them as organic as possible. Now I wish I would have for piece of mind.

5. HoneyNBenNKids

HoneyNBenNKids Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    We're anti vax ...no matter what your species is unless there's been exposure to something like Anthrax...then the benefits outweigh the risks.

So, no vax for our birds.

Honey

6. vnploveschickens

vnploveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

I vacinate against Mareks.

7. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2011
    Antarctica
    I always make sure they are vaccinated for Marek's ASAP. Then, I just give them medicated feed. But now that you mention those other vaccines...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by