How many other women on here...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by duckboatprincess, Oct 17, 2009.

1. duckboatprincess

duckboatprincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Okay... this kind of started in the picture posting thread and I'm curious to know... How many other women on here hunt and what do you hunt? I'm not talking... oh I went out hunting once... type hunting... I'm talking looking forward to the next season as much if not more than your S.O.

I hunt duck and deer, although I like hunting pheasant and quail as well. I've been hunting since I was eight and I'm 21 now.

2. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    Lookin forward to gun season to come in.I really want a buck but a doe is just as good. Didn't get anything last year,Spent over half the season building and working on the stand.

I also hunt rabbits and all kinds of predators.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Hubby hunts, he hasn't since we met, but I would love to go with him. That being said, I am not sure I could kill a doe with babies. We LOVE to fish though!!!

4. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    At the risk of being flamed, I hunt and trap. I bowhunt, actually. Turkey was my first passion, but I deer hunt as well.
    As far as trapping goes, mostly coon and coyote, but I've got a few beaver, a bobcat, the occasional opossum, and I'm workin on getting a fox and a skunk this year.

Ok people... FLAME AWAY!!! [​IMG]

5. duckboatprincess

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    We don't shoot does because the people who own the property beside ours kill them all year. We especially don't shoot does during bow season because their babies are usually still with them. I shot an almost 3 point last year. It's tines were huge and curved, but never spread. My DF and his dad both shot 7 points who were 50 lbs lighter than my deer. Like I say, can't eat the antlers!!

debi: Ask him to go then. You'll probably suprise him. Everyone is jealous of my DF because I go hunting with him, and that means I understand the obsession and the urge to buy new camo, calls, stands, etc every year.

buck-wild: yeah... the blind was there before me so I got out of that, although I do participate in the annual moving of the tree stands... even if it means moving the stand 3 trees down lol.

6. Terri

Terri Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Level Cross, NC
    warm comfy bed or cold hard deer stand? i'll take the bed.

7. duckboatprincess

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Flame on then... IRM...

I bowhunt as well. I don't trap anymore, but I used to trap coons all the time!! If they started in on my birds, I start trapping again. I'm just not home enough to check the trap lines and I hate wasting anything so I'm better off not fooling with it again. I really want to turkey hunt. We tried to go this year but permits were sold out.

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Does fishing count? I love to fish! Though if I hook a channel cat, I cut the line and toss him back in, I don't want to get cut [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    I also trap.Forgot to put that...
    Guess its my (CRS) acting up again. [​IMG]

10. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Not a lot to hunt here.......... other than the cunning fox.... so I don't hunt...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by