How many people carry pocket knives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, so it's a strange question, but I'm wondering how many of ya'll carry pocket knives on a daily basis. My friends are constantly laughing at me for carrying one, but I always say you just never know when you might need it! My knife has saved my butt more times than I can remember (And it seems to be especially important when working around the animals). Its funny because at home it seems if I don't have a knife on me, one of my friends or co workers do. At college, NONE of my friends carry pocket knives.

Today one of my professors needed a knife to cut a pomegranate and I was the only one who had one! I turned to my friend and told her "You may laugh, but I told you that you never know when you'll need it!".

I don't carry a knife as often as I used to. It seems metal detectors are popping up everywhere and a little pen knife or a leatherman are considered weapons. I swear freedom is a thing of the past.

I know, you would think something as useful as a pocket knife shouldn't be such an issue. Haven't had any issues with metal detectors, but I don't carry it is I know I am going to a concert or museum, etc.

Yes;
2 of them.
One 4" blade locking Gerber that stays clipped to my Left front pants pocket.
One Vitronex Swiss Army unit that stays in my Left front pocket.

when people look at me strange for my knife I tell them no grandma should be without one
example: when getting a chocolate milk for grandchild I cut a slit in the top just big enough for the straw and then I cut the straw to half the length if its in a covered cup so its not too unwieldy since the straw is not made for the child sized cup
And I use the knife to get those stupid toys that are practically impossible to get out of the packaging since you know they can't wait till they get home
Not to mention all the things I use it for around the yard.
And just in case I get mugged and those jujitsu lessons escape my mind I can always defend myself as long as the coward doesn't have a gun.

I have a pocket knife in the left pocket, a folding knife clipped to the right pocket, and a gerber multi-tool on the belt.

So yes, I carry some form of a knife
tongue.png

If I am carrying my other setup, then I ditch the gerber multi-tool for more belt space for other things and just have the folder and the pocket knife.

Like Silkiechicken, I always have a flashlight
smile.png

I carry one in my purse and have for years... your right you never know when your going to need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom