How many people on here breed silkies??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by PippyChicken, Sep 20, 2009.

1. PippyChicken

PippyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    So..title says it all..and what colors do you breed?

2. chickenchik12

chickenchik12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2009
    stumptown CA
    ALOT.sorry not me tho... [​IMG] but i [​IMG] silkies i saw the most beautiful roo at western farms sr, CA.

3. PippyChicken

PippyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    Silkies are beautiful! I love bearded ones their my fave roos are gorgeus!!!

4. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    I have silkies, but I breed Sizzles. Silkies are part of creating Sizzles so I have Silkies - I love mine. Mine are only babies, they're blues and a black, from eggs from Cjexotic. When they're old enough to breed I'll add the good ones into my Sizzle line, and just enjoy their silly little selves along the way.

There are MANY excellent show breeders of silkies here and many people who just have excellent hobby stock for the breed. Really some gorgeous birds are owned by BYCers.

5. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I have 1 sizzle and i'm about to have a silkie roo this week. I plan to breed them for more sizzles. I want to get a frizzle roo too, to breed into the sizzle chicks that I get from my pair. Curious as to what i'll get.

6. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    I breed White, Splash & Blue...I love my Silkies!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I have black-buff-white-and lavender silkies-I am mating the black bearded girls to my lav roo for my winter project:) Plus breeding my lav silkies to my cochins-standard size-I want to try and get a big lav hen!

8. PeepsInc

PeepsInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    NY Tri State region
    I just got a nice breeder pair of whites today at the Cannon tailgate swap. + I have 2 Blue's I think their Roos,and a black pullet. So I guess I'll be breeding white & Blue with some black offspring? Rite now just white.

9. RooptyDoo

RooptyDoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Illinois
    I breed SQ white, blue, black, splash, and lavender silkies. [​IMG]

10. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    I have never wanted silkies. Had a pair of white ones and gave them away...but those red ones I keep seeing on ebay are just calling my name. Just something about them that I really like. Like I need yet ANOTHER breed! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by