1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How many to expect?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickinlickin, Oct 27, 2009.

1. chickinlickin

chickinlickin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Ohio
    Hi everybody -

I've got 10 pullets (5 barred rock, 2 delaware, and 1 each RIR, blue wyandot and BO)....All about 6 mo. old now....and am gettin 4-5 eggs a day. Been getting that many for about 2-3 weeks now.....sometimes 4, but I've NEVER had 6 in one day.

I have no idea who's laying for sure....but I think the BO, RIR and wyandot aren't yet...

So when these girls all get going, how many should I expect to get? I know that nobody can see the future, but what's your best guess?

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. thomi

thomi Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2008
    Elgin, SC
    Hi Chickin, we got our girls in February and they started laying around the fourth of July. Throughout the summer we averaged 8-10 per day from our 12 and about once every week or so would get 12 for 12. Checkout our signature block to see the mix of our flock. Hope this helps.

3. Metanoia

Metanoia Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    South Australia
    When they're all laying you will probably get 10 most days and a few less every now and then. I have 6 hens and we get 6 eggs usually, but sometimes only 4.... once we got 7 eggs in one day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by