How Many?

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by Rollerman, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Rollerman

Rollerman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    How many babys have you raised this year? I have already banded about 60-70! I started with 100 bands this yaer and it looks like I will have to get a few more before Dec. Wonder if this makes me a" backyard pigeon mill"!lol. But I only have less than 10 young on hand right now. I always seem to find homes for them.

2. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    I've raised a little over 100 but breeding season is over. I'm going to have a few late hatches here in a little while but that'll be it until I pair them up again this fall.

3. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    wow that's alot great you find homes for them.Do you just have rollers?What blood line or family lines are they?I have 9 babies flying from the kit box and 6 more that recently hatched and 2 eggs that should hatch soon out of my 4 pairs of breeders.

4. Rollerman

Rollerman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Rollers are my main breed. I do have a few of other breeds just for fun.
    I have had mine long enough that they are "my" bloodline!lol. I have collected stock from several competion flyers and others from great roller lines that were not competion raised. Doing my own mixing and matching for 40 years I feel they have as much of me as anyone else in them. Unfortunately I don't competion fly so don't have a "big" name to pas on to them. But I will match them to most.And am proud of them all!

5. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Man, I want a kit of rollers sooo badly someday! And to fly some racers. Tell me Becky and Rollerman...are they as awesome as they sound to watch? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  6. hookedonpigeons

hookedonpigeons Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Rural Hall, NC
    1/2 of the babies i have hatched this year froze [​IMG]

7. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I only have 1 pair of rollers, but they have nested 4 times this year. First 2 nests I raided early since the eggs were clear. They have raised 2 and are working on another now.

8. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    I think we need pix of lofts and pigeons!Rollerman I would like to see your set up and birds.I am just getting started but I sure to like my rollers they are from Dennis B.who has R.Mee with some Kurmo not sure if I spelled it right a roller man out of NY

9. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Ours are free range. They nest in a wooden spool we converted into nesting area - we cut a hole in the center part and tada!

10. frenchfurn

frenchfurn Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2011
    I've raised thirty five so far with ten eggs in the nest now. I've got rollers also, and a few fantails. I bought fifty bands this year and when I run out my breeding season is going to be over!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by