How much Apple Cider Vinegar do I put in a one gallon chick waterer?

I do it every Gallon for about three weeks when there chicks but mostly I use the probiotic powder
ya.gif

Last edited:
I go for about a Tbsp. and I just eyeball it. I don't do it the first couple days and I only do it about 3 or 4 times a week. That's just the way I do it. You won't do it wrong so relax.
I also put a little honey, agave nectar or sugar in the water for shipped chicks to give a little energy boost.
I do have a probiotic powder that I give them in the water about day 3 to get some beneficial bacteria in them. You can also feed yogurt to do the same thing.
Or a clump of grass with the soil still in it. That will not only give them probiotics but also expose them to the local bacteria they will have to deal with everyday, give them a treat and the grit they will need to digest it all at once.

Hello everyone! Has anyone on here heard that you should not be giving ACV during the hot months? I can't remember who told be that or where I read it. Every day is over 100 here so it's extremely hot! Any advice?
Thanks!

Im in Australia we use litres and mls so trying to convert it so I have a 600ml chick drinker so would half teaspoon to 1tsp be too much in 600ml of water? And would you change it daily?

Back
Top Bottom