How much batter in bundt cake pan

Andi

Songster
10 Years
Jul 6, 2009
West Central Minnesota
I'm going to make a 10 egg pound cake for the first time this morning. I have a bundt cake pan but don't know if its too small for the recipe, which calls for an extra large tube pan. This is also my first time using a bundt pan. How do I know how much batter is going to be the correct amount to fill the pan but not over flow it as the cake rises? I have other pans to put extra batter in. Thanks.

That's sounds like a lot of eggs!
ep.gif
I probably wouldn't fill it more than 1/2 way. The eggs may make it balloon too much! Hopefully others will give you suggestions, too, so you can make a good decision.! Good luck!
smile.png

I just went to see how big the pan was to give you an idea. On the handle it says 9.75 X 3.38", which doesn't help me much. I read that the bundt pans are rated by capacity. This one holds 12 cups of water right up to the rim, if that helps.

Hmmm...I'd still suggest filling only halfway and then just use the rest in another pan of some sort. I made a cheesecake yesterday with 5 small eggs in an 8" springform pan and I couldn't believe how high it got! Even my daughter said Whoa! It may deflate a bit while it's cooling, tho. Mine did.

I made a bundt cake last night and it got so big it overflowed the pan with just 6 eggs, I filled halfway....so I guess use your best judgement with the info provided. Hope that helps!

Thank-you for the help everyone. I just made the batter and decided to put it in two pans.

IMG_370725percent.jpg

Once they are done baking I'll post another pic so other newbies can see how big they will get.

Oh! Seeing I split the batter up, should I reduce the baking time? The original recipe said 2 hours at 300 degrees but to check it after an hour and 45 minutes with a knife.

Oooh, you did a great job there. Id just keep an eye on the cakes after about an hour, once they are turning brown on the top, I think you'd be safe in taking them out.

Back
Top Bottom