How much calf manna?

mrcman

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 28, 2011
NW Pa.
I picked up a 50# bag of calf manna at the feedstore. I gave them a sampler of the feed of the small size Cool Whip container in a seperate feed tray and they dug right in.

Seeing as how this is going to be just a supplement about how much should I put out for my hens? I have eight 1 1/2 year old laying hens.

Tony

Quote:
When I use it I mix it in with their feed or with the scratch I throw down. I know they used to have a guide to feeding to different livestock and for chickens it was like 1-2 tablespoons per bird... maybe their website might have the info
smile.png

Quote:
When I use it I mix it in with their feed or with the scratch I throw down. I know they used to have a guide to feeding to different livestock and for chickens it was like 1-2 tablespoons per bird... maybe their website might have the info
smile.png

That's what I remember, too. Did you check all the print on the bag?

mrcman,
Read you bag it it has the feeding instructions on it. (Do Not over feed it)
It is 1 tablespoon per day per bird or 5-10% of the ration. (That would be 5 to 10 lbs of Calf Manna to 90 to 95 lbs of there regular feed).

Chris

Last edited:
I went down and read the bag and sure enough it had the poultry ration on the back. 1 tablespoon per hen per day. It's a 25% protein mix. Thanks for all your input.

Tony

Back
Top Bottom