How much corn is in most layer feeds?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by WhiteLeghorn2, Nov 26, 2013.

1. WhiteLeghorn2

WhiteLeghorn2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    I've been told that almost all layer feeds have a large amount of corn in them. I buy the Dumor Layer Crumbles from Tractor Supply Co. Anybody know what the actual percentage is? Thanks!!
    (I edited the original post to fix a typo [​IMG] )

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  2. Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay Chillin' With My Peeps

I will be sitting back to sepeople have to say in this one! This ought to be interesting.

3. res

res Chillin' With My Peeps

From the ingredients on the bag: Wheat middlings, corn distillers dried grains with solubles, corn, soybean meal, L-Lysine, DL-Methionine, calcium carbonate, Sodium Bentonite, salt, ferrous carbonate, ferrous sulfate, copper sulfate, Manganous oxide, manganese sulfate, zinc oxide, zinc sulfate, Cobalt Carbonate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, vitamin a supplement, vitamin d3 supplement, vitamin e supplement, menadione dimethylpyrimidinol bisulfite, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, niacin supplement, choline chloride, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin, vitamin b12 supplement, propionic acid (a preservative).

2nd and 3rd ingredients, so I'd say a high percentage of the product is comprised of corn.

4. WhiteLeghorn2

WhiteLeghorn2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    Haha! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by