How much could I get?!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DUCKGIRL89, Oct 25, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    So, some of you know that I am hatching some duck eggs now. well, they are due to hatch on november 10th and I want to keep the ones I might want, and sell the rest as soon as posible! There are two pure bred rouen eggs, and six rouen X khaki campbell mutts, how much could I get this time of year with mutt babies? And two pure breds (if those two hatch) could I sell them for $2 each? Is that to low? To high?

Thanks!

2. GrannyCarol

GrannyCarol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2011
    Washington
    I'd look at your local Craigslist ads to see if anyone is selling ducklings and what for. Early spring is the best time to hatch and sell ducklings, not a lot of people want to deal with them in the fall. Prices vary a lot - if you buy mail order purebred ducklings, you'd pay about $3-$5 each, plus shipping. However feed stores around here sell ducklings more in the $2 range, but you don't know what you are getting always. That might vary a lot. You can also look online at hatcheries and see what they charge.

3. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Ok, thank you, I will look at there cheapest pure breds and put it lower then that. People are always looking for ducks/ducklings here. Its awesome [​IMG]

4. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Don't count your ducklings before they hatch [​IMG] Having said that, you are very sensible to get thinking about what you'll do with spares. I hope you have a great hatch rate.

5. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    70%cocoa :

Don't count your ducklings before they hatch [​IMG] Having said that, you are very sensible to get thinking about what you'll do with spares. I hope you have a great hatch rate.

Thanks! All 9 were forming excpet one. Im hopeling most hatch!​

6. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Prices depend on where you are, around here mixed ducklings go for about $5-$7 each in the spring. Since its fall and winter is coming you'd have a hard time selling them because most people can't keep them in our cold winters. Pure bred rouens would go for about $8-$9 since they are quite common around here.

7. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Wow, ok thanks. i will look on CL.

8. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    I'm doing $2 through the winter. And I'll go up in the spring. Tractor Supply here sells them for $3.50. I couldn't find any on CL. Let me know if you do.

9. animalsRawesome

animalsRawesome Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Wow! you are lucky that they are always in demand. I am lucky if I can give them away this time of year!

10. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Yeah, I always see peiple who want eggs for hatching. Or ducklings. Or laying hens/ breeding pairs. Its a good market. I

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by