1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How much did MyPetChickent charge you for shipping?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Kelly G, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

I want to order 12 pullets from My Pet Chicken (they seem to be the only ones that will ship less than 24 AND will sex the chicks as well), and was wondering how much you paid for shipping/handling when you ordered them. I know the fees will vary by how far they ship as well as a few other factors, but I would appreciate any info you are willing to share.

Unfortunately, their site doesn't allow you to create a shopping cart & get a shipping quote on chicks that are not available for purchase - what a pain!!!

Thanks!!

2. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    In 2009, orders of 3-24 chicks were shipped via Express Mail for $34.95, whereas orders of 25+ chicks were shipped via Priority Mail and for $24.95. (Prices are subject to change.) Small orders of baby chicks need extra attention to ship safely, so they include high tech long lasting heat packs to keep the chicks warm, custom amounts of nesting material and ventilation based on the prevailing weather and on the number of chicks to prevent jostling or stifling, and even GroGel to provide nutrients and moisture for them while they're on their journey to you.

3. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    Check Ideal. They have a minimum dollar amount not a chick amount. I think it is still $25.00.

4. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

Quote:I did...I have 30 chickens I ordered from Ideal last year...and they are terrific! [​IMG] The problem is: they will not sex any Polish chicks - and I can have anything EXCEPT roosters.

Accent on Hakes - perfect - that's just what I needed to know...Thank you!

5. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Quote:I did...I have 30 chickens I ordered from Ideal last year...and they are terrific! [​IMG] The problem is: they will not sex any Polish chicks - and I can have anything EXCEPT roosters.

Accent on Hakes - perfect - that's just what I needed to know...Thank you!

It's online in their help section, but it's a bit hard to find.

6. Smokin Silkies

Smokin Silkies formerly browneyebuttafly

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    I was on cackle hatchery checking out birds and it cost about $20 for shipping for 5-24 chicks and they sex birds I believe. Not sure if they had the polish but you could check it out if you want

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by