How much do adult Bourbon Red turkeys cost?

Corny Caleb

Songster
5 Years
Jan 25, 2014
NJ
A week ago I set 15 BR turkey eggs. I candled and got amazing fertility! I will keep about 5 for my self but wanted to sell the rest at two different times. Once when they are 3 months at a fair. And another time when the rest are adults. I live in NJ and was wondering what would be a fair prices to sell them at these 2 maturity levels where I live.

That's up to you, in my area in upstate ny bourbon red toms are only $35-40 and hens are $5 less. Check on craisglist for your area to find a price range. That's what we have done with our royal palms and bronze

That's up to you, in my area in upstate ny bourbon red toms are only $35-40 and hens are $5 less. Check on craisglist for your area to find a price range. That's what we have done with our royal palms and bronze
K, thanks for the info.

I just bought a trio of adult turkeys yesterday at the livestock auction. Bourbon red pair and a grey tom they threw in with it. I gave $42.50 a piece.

Hold the hens until late winter/spring and sell them for $60-70 ea. People will gobble them up (pun intended). People always wait until spring to buy hens for some reason, an adult laying hen will bring very good money during that time.
Wow, thanks! Great to know.

Back
Top Bottom