1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How much do children cost per year?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by BeardedChick, Mar 4, 2009.

1. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

So how much $$ does it cost to raise a kid?

I keep justifying all these additional farm babies by telling DH it's cheaper than having just ONE kid. But I'm starting to wonder as our farm reaches critical mass.

2. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

ALOT......

just look at how much hair dye is--to cover the gray hairs aquired with raising kids....lol

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(sometimes I crack myself up.....sorry if noone else found my answer funny....But I did).......

Seriously we have 2 daughter....ages 13 and 7.....And no matter what they 'cost' to raise I wouldn't trade it for the world.....
    (don't want anyone thinking I'm cold/callas with my joke above...)

3. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

I've never stopped to figure it out..... but, they are most definately worth every cent! [​IMG]

Even on mornings like this, when the bus is coming and one of my kids can't find a shoe....... even though he had plenty of time to hold every single chick! [​IMG]

4. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Sometimes its tooo much! But ya do it any way because ya love em! (at least when they arent driving me crazy)

5. freshegg

freshegg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    greenfield,ma
    they cost every dime you got since anytime you have extras there is something they need or want. the more you make the more they want.

6. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    Keep adding farm animals [​IMG]

I always tell DH that we can leave the dogs to go out w/out paying a sitter and its not 'illegal' to put them bathroom and shut the door

Of course, I dont have human children

7. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Quote:Don't worry, it's like that old saying; You wouldn't trade them for a million dollars some days while on another you would take a plugged nickel for them [​IMG]

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:Oh i feel with you. My DS thought he would cut down on time by putting his swim trunks on yesterday 4pm(and swiming is today at 1pm. My DH brings home 2200$(No big secre he is in the army and you could look it up anyways) every twice a month , we have three kids, pay our house a car and a Harley and live good.

9. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Just my daycare bill alone is $700 a month. [​IMG]

10. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Im not even going to try to figure it up, cause if I knew, I may try sale the two I have and buy more chickens. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by