How much do I hate my ISP?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Kitsune, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Kitsune

Kitsune Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Manchester - England
    This morning a letter from my ISP came through the door, as the bill is payed by direct debit I figured it'd just be a confirmation of payment and so put it to one side to open later..

As I'm checking e-mails and chatting to a friend online my connection drops, I do all the restarting stuff and it says it's connected but I can't get online. I phone ISP and after 30 minutes find out that they have cancelled the direct debit without informing me and for no apparent reason, and are now demanding £60. I open the letter and it's a disconnection notice giving me 7 days to pay £44.

I have no idea how the bill got that high since we only pay abouit £17 per month and they haven't informed us of any non payment. I couldn't argue on the phone as I only have a mobile with limited credit and I needed net access back asap.

The call ended up costing my about £5 and I'm about to write a snotty e-mail about their distinct lack of customer service!

2. V Chic Chick

V Chic Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bristol, England
    Write a letter, send it recorded delivery and keep a copy of any correspondence. That's all the advice I can give you right now. What company are you with?

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Yeesh... £60, isn't that like $120?

4. Kitsune

Feb 2, 2007
    Manchester - England
    Yep it's about that.

I'm with NTL, just been bought by Virgin media

5. V Chic Chick

V Chic Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bristol, England
  6. Kitsune

Feb 2, 2007
    Manchester - England
    thankyou, I don't mind at all [​IMG]

7. P-Funk

P-Funk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
    Sorry to hear about your problems. I ordered an upgrade in speed last Monday. 3 days later and still no net. When I called they said I needed to buy a new router. Sooooo, I went and got a new router and now none of the machines will stay online for more than 10 minutes. It's an incredible pain but it never occurred to me how much I now depend on the internet. P

8. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    I can tell you I pay plenty for a cable internet connection and the heavens roll if I have problems with it... [​IMG]

Thankfully, I usually don't, and if I do, they usually reimburse the bill for time it is not available.

9. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

This is a Zombie thread folks it started about 6 years ago

10. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

Kind of like Frankenstein since it has been brought back from the dead, but then again it refuses to die...

RobertH

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by