How much do you charge for.........

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by texaschickmama, Apr 26, 2009.

1. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    A dozen cortunix eating eggs?
    A dozen guinea hatching eggs?
    A dozen cortunix hatching eggs?

I have to post some on craigslist because I don't want to waste them and I really have never thought about it.

2. Struttn1

Struttn1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Southern Illinois
    Have you considered posting them here? [​IMG]

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:I charge the same for eating and hatching eggs Oh annd hehe it's spelled COTURNIX [​IMG] (said Ka-tur-nix) only tellin ya cuz when you start selling people may be like "what's a cortunix?" LOL!

I charge for 20+ eggs which includes shipping I honestly don't knwo what I'd charge for someone local to buy only a doz from me, probably would just give them to them if they were buying a few quails to be honest [​IMG]

I've seen guineas go for $13+ for a doz

4. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    If it helps any I charge .50 per hatching eggs in button quail

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I normally get at least $9 for 6 guineas eggs, so I would charge at least $1 an egg on those.

I also get $6 for 1 dozen button quail eggs, and $5 for coturnix eggs. I haven't sold any for just eating, but I would probably charge the same either way. Most people in my area that want them for eating would rather have them pickled already, so I guess I could charge whatever! [​IMG]

Oh, and don't feel bad about the typo, people in my area would ask 'whats a coturnix' no matter which way you say it! They think of those as 'pharoahs' [​IMG]

6. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:I wasn't trying ot make her feel bad goofball. i was just informing her she was spellin em wrong incase she didnt notice [​IMG] and yes theres some dumb dumbs out there that have no clue what a coturnix is they think theres only bobwhites out there lol.

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Yeah, one of those dumb dumbs is kind of ticked at me I think. I sold them some jumbo brown and A&M white chicks a month or so ago. I guess they thought the A&M were the bobwhites, cause they sought me out at the auction this past week. They told me the birds aren't the white bobwhites, and I said 'I know, they are A&M's, I told you that?!?' They then asked me what an A&M was [​IMG] idiots....Not my fault they don't know their birds!! [​IMG]

8. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:You wouldn't believe how many calls/emails i get of people wanting to buy *my* bobwhites. these people act like experts and I'm like "sorry i don't raise bobwhites i raise coturnix" then I have to explain what a coturnix is. LOL. It's like they completley miss the part on my website that states "coturnix" [​IMG]

9. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Thank you for correcting me. That is one thing that gets on my nerves is misspellings. I have seen it both ways and I guess my brain was just fried last night. Coturnix................ got it. [​IMG]

Let me get this straight............... I thought A & Ms were bob whites just white in color. Please set the record straight for me. I don't like white birds. Do the A & Ms come in the pretty speckly brown "natural" color?

10. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    the a&M are mostly white with a little brown in them, the best part about them is that they are all white meat [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by