How much do you sell fertile eggs in your area

ILIKEDUCKS

Songster
Mar 7, 2020
Australia
Hi guys I have been selling fertile quail eggs for a long time but wanted to start selling fertile eggs does anyone know a good price to sell and i am selling most brown egg laying breeds I have most of them could you tell me what price I should sell them for also I am in AUS if that will make a difference

Here in England fertile Japanese/Coturnix quail eggs are worth £2.50-£5 a dozen, the higher end is if you have pure colours.

Brown egg layers depends on the breeds, as there are many. If they’re mixed breed/hybrids, you’re looking at about £3-£5 for 6 eggs. Pure breed brown egg layers, like RIR, Wyandotte, Marans can be anywhere from £5-£20 for 6, with pure breeds pricing depends on the quality of your chickens, feather colour and egg colour. This is just what I’ve seen in my area though.

Have a look at sale sites and Facebook for eggs in your area and see what they are going for. Best of luck :)

Here in England fertile Japanese/Coturnix quail eggs are worth £2.50-£5 a dozen, the higher end is if you have pure colours.

Brown egg layers depends on the breeds, as there are many. If they’re mixed breed/hybrids, you’re looking at about £3-£5 for 6 eggs. Pure breed brown egg layers, like RIR, Wyandotte, Marans can be anywhere from £5-£20 for 6, with pure breeds pricing depends on the quality of your chickens, feather colour and egg colour. This is just what I’ve seen in my area though.

Have a look at sale sites and Facebook for eggs in your area and see what they are going for. Best of luck :)
Ok thank you I have all pure breeds which u stated above I will check my local prices since down in aus people are selling for 60 a dozen which is crazy

I live in New Zealand and recently brought fertile eggs. One dozen I paid $10 for Barred rock x brown shaver and the other $3.10 per egg for Waipahi breed which is the sellers own breed. So you could look at prices other people in your area charge and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom