How much do your meaties weigh now?

Acre of Blessings

Canning/Sewing Addict
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Axton, VA
Post a weekly weight on how much your meat birds weigh here for others to compare the breeds. I think this will be very helpful to all the newbies out there that aren't sure what they should weigh and at what week. Let's all keep a weekly journal about our meaties and this way we can go back and look at the info. when we purchase more.

I'll go first...........................

My broilers are from Meyer Hatchery and I weighed them on 10-6-08 at 7 days old one was 4 1/2 ounces and an 8 day old one was 6 ounces. What a difference a day makes in these birds.

Last edited:
This isn't real acurate as my son was on the scale and then I handed him a bird. One weighed 3 pounds while the others weighed 5 pounds. We only weighed 4 of them out of 23. Hopefully this is a good weight.

Sorry, I forgot to say how old they are. They are 4 weeks and about 3 days. We have to process them at 7 weeks because of scheduling conflicts. So I'm hoping they put on a few more pounds this next week.

WOW!! Then you have some good weights going on. Just remember to keep an eye out for ones that may become stresses due to the weight gain. They could actually die from it, in case you havent' heard, (but I am sure you have
wink.png
)

Back
Top Bottom