How much does a vet cost i need one

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chicken Lover 1, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Chicken Lover 1

Chicken Lover 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2012
    santa rosa california
    My chicken has some weird eye infection And I want to take her to the vet. How much has it cost you for one visit to the vet with your chicken?????????[​IMG] Please respond fast!!!!!!!

2. Chicken Lover 1

Feb 1, 2012
    santa rosa california
    Anybody?????

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

You will have to call one near you as different areas charge differently. Normally $50 for an office visit... Then whatever cost for treatment

4. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

The answer depends on to many variables. The office visit can range anywhere from $40 to $50 bucks, this does not include medication to treat whatever the problem is. Your vet may be able to take a look and make a diagnosis, more often then not with chickens some testing needs to be done to determine exactly WHAT to treat and with what medication. They can be complicated critters!

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    $$$

6. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    can you post a picture of her eye? Someone may be able to help you so you don't have to incur the vet bill. They can be very expensive and in most cases you can take care of the issue yourself with some guidance from the awesome people here!

7. Chicken Lover 1

Feb 1, 2012
    santa rosa california
    OK I well post a pic soon[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  8. Mpracey

Mpracey Out Of The Brooder

Dec 18, 2011
    Denham Springs Louisiana
    i took my silkie yesterday with some sort of skin disorder - Vet don't know for sure- cost $44. You should call for a price first.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by