how much does ideal poultry charge for heating with no roosters

IwannaBEaMERMAID

Songster
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
Beverly Hills, CA
well how much do they charge if i request no packing peanuts, im only ordering like 7 chicks and some ducks. im in california so its not that far away from texas. if u can post pics of cochins fron ideal that would be great!!
woot.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

I'm pretty sure they have an order minimum of 25. most hatcheries won't ship any less no matter where they are sent. Check out their site Ideal hatchery on ordering info.

catdaddy

Ideal is one of the few that allows you to order less. I'm not sure they warm the chicks if you ask for no packing peanuts, though. It might be they make you buy extra insurance or something due to possibly higher shipping losses.

Quote:
I'm sorry I misinformed you there. I looked and they have a minimum order of $25.00 and if you don't want the extras them you can purchase insurance for an extra cost to assure live arrival for your order. Idon't know what they do for heat but you can order fewer than 25 as long as they cost $25 or more. Thats what I gather anyway. I think I'd get the extras and try to give them to somebody or raise them for meat birds.

catdaddy

They say "a minimal charge". I think it's just a dollar something, can't remember exactly.

This guy came from Ideal. Also this girl.

12477_dsc02114.jpg

12477_lacy_lu.jpg

Last edited:
I have ordered ALL of my cochins from ideal poultry, but if ordering again, I would only order certain ones. Their black and barred cochins are beyond beautiful. BUT, the red ones do not look pure bred. They have multiple different colors on them besides red. One of mine has a lot of black on it too and a lot of them have black marking around their neck (the markings look like those markings that are columbian). Some of the buff ones I got, I actually sent pictures back to ideal poultry when the pullet got a little older. I actually question whether she is even a cochin or not. I think she is a buff brahma, which I didn't even order. I will try to post a picture of the barred cochin and "buff cochin" so you can see the difference. They are still young and will continue to feather out more.
40401_cochin_18_weeks_003.jpg

40401_colubian_cochin_002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom