How much Feed?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Beanstock2, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Beanstock2

Beanstock2 New Egg

Feb 16, 2008
    Port Orchard,Washington
    Ok, I jiust read Joel Salatin's book Pasured poultry Profits but now where can I find how much Cornish X's
    will consume from the time I get them as chick till their finished. ( this is assuming that I am pasturing them)
    thanks

2. Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay Chillin' With My Peeps

I use the feed conversion ratio of 2.15 from hatch to 6 lb, in a free range environment that might be a little low. Greyfields has a better handle on free range birds, I am sure he will give you some information.

This spring we had a Broiler Special at the Chick Day for our feed store. It was 50 broilers, 50 lb chick starter, and 550 lb Fast Grow Broiler Feed for $185.

Jim

3. willheveland

willheveland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    southern tier,NY
    Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay :

I use the feed conversion ratio of 2.15 from hatch to 6 lb, in a free range environment that might be a little low. Greyfields has a better handle on free range birds, I am sure he will give you some information.

This spring we had a Broiler Special at the Chick Day for our feed store. It was 50 broilers, 50 lb chick starter, and 550 lb Fast Grow Broiler Feed for $185.

Jim

That's a great offer for customers,it would be a good way to introduce someone new to the hobby. thumbs up will​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by