How much for 3 1 yr old california white leghorns?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SoccerMomof7, Apr 9, 2009.

1. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    I have somebody interested in buying some laying chickens and I have 3 california whites and really they just don't have much personality so I wouldn't mind getting rid of them. How much should I charge for 3 laying hens? They are just a year old this months, so still young. Thanks

2. hangemhorns

hangemhorns Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Morrison
    i wouldn't take any less than 15 each.....

3. IndianaLeghorn

IndianaLeghorn Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2009
    $5-$10 per chicken is reasonable if you want to sell them. Charge too much and you will not be able to get rid of them. I just sold 2 White Leghorn hens and 1 White Leghorn rooster for $17. I only had 1 inquiry on them so I was glad I got as much as I did.

4. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Around here, you can buy pullets or layers all day long for $5. I think it just depends where you are. Check on your local Craigslist to see if you can find similar ads.

5. hangemhorns

hangemhorns Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Morrison
    or u could give them away....is it ur friend....

$5-$10 per chicken is reasonable if you want to sell them. Charge too much and you will not be able to get rid of them. I just sold 2 White Leghorn hens and 1 White Leghorn rooster for $17. I only had 1 inquiry on them so I was glad I got as much as I did.

6. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    I was thinking $10 apiece was a fair price I will check craigslist also!

7. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    Milton Florida
    Depends on your area, I would start at 15 each, then go from there. 6 months of feed and care is worth way more than that. Last auction I seen layers looking old and rough sell for 27.50 each, they were Buff Orps, but still way to much. I think the average is 10 - 15

8. Jennings Gamefowl

Jennings Gamefowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    CORDOVA,SOUTH CAROLINA
    round here pretty much all hens and roos are 10 except for game roos

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by