How much for a laying ancona hen?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DUCKGIRL89, Oct 31, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    (if) I sell my ancona hen, how much should I ask for? She is a great layer too. Is $15 to much?

2. m.kitchengirl

m.kitchengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Maine
    Sounds about right to me. Wish I lived closer. Mine are months away from laying!

3. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    m.kitchengirl :

Sounds about right to me. Wish I lived closer. Mine are months away from laying!

I wish you were closer too. I cant sell her till spring though... I (might) have a extra drake that I will sell with her. So I wouldnt end up with extra drake on my hands. Since I only want around 7 to 8 ducks...​

4. m.kitchengirl

m.kitchengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Maine
    I think it is easier to sell drakes as part of a pair/trio than separately. Unless you don't mind the drake ending up as dinner.

5. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    m.kitchengirl :

I think it is easier to sell drakes as part of a pair/trio than separately. Unless you don't mind the drake ending up as dinner.

Yeah, it is. And I dont want him ending up as dinner... Lol. Hes a good boy. Or girl [​IMG] lol​

6. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    You have posted asking these types of questions before!!!! you have to just give a price and see if people are interested. if they are you wont have any more ducks for sale. [​IMG] 10-15$ is usually a pair price. you must be on a small scale type situation debating the sales of just one or two ducks ect. Me, i dont even know what is out on the pond, nor do i care! they just float their merry way around and everybodys happy. no profits nor sales ever phase me. just the beaty of the ducks swimmign is what i want. when i do find myself with too many i call my friend who comes and takes as many as i want gone for 5$ each... usualy in spring when ducklings are all over

7. Dusky Beauty

Dusky Beauty Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    Far West Phoenix
    They're usually around 10$ here to 20$ for something really special. Like I've said before, color breeds are not at all common where I live so Anconas and welsh would be pricier than a rouen or hatchery special swedish.

8. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds fair to me. I paid $30 for my pair of snowy calls. Probably a little pricey but toally worth it to me [​IMG]

9. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Ok, thanks guys!!!

10. AuroraSprings

AuroraSprings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    I charge $25 & up for laying hens. Will this be her second season? If I had a pair, I'd start them at roughly $40. Really depends on time of year, what your customer's want, and how bad you want to get rid of them. If you're not in a hurry, then set a good price and don't waiver much. As long as it's fair, someone will come around willing to pay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by