How much for a laying ancona hen?

m.kitchengirl :

Sounds about right to me. Wish I lived closer. Mine are months away from laying!

I wish you were closer too. I cant sell her till spring though... I (might) have a extra drake that I will sell with her. So I wouldnt end up with extra drake on my hands. Since I only want around 7 to 8 ducks...​

I think it is easier to sell drakes as part of a pair/trio than separately. Unless you don't mind the drake ending up as dinner.

m.kitchengirl :

I think it is easier to sell drakes as part of a pair/trio than separately. Unless you don't mind the drake ending up as dinner.

Yeah, it is. And I dont want him ending up as dinner... Lol. Hes a good boy. Or girl
hu.gif
lol​

You have posted asking these types of questions before!!!! you have to just give a price and see if people are interested. if they are you wont have any more ducks for sale.
hu.gif
10-15$ is usually a pair price. you must be on a small scale type situation debating the sales of just one or two ducks ect. Me, i dont even know what is out on the pond, nor do i care! they just float their merry way around and everybodys happy. no profits nor sales ever phase me. just the beaty of the ducks swimmign is what i want. when i do find myself with too many i call my friend who comes and takes as many as i want gone for 5$ each... usualy in spring when ducklings are all over

They're usually around 10$ here to 20$ for something really special. Like I've said before, color breeds are not at all common where I live so Anconas and welsh would be pricier than a rouen or hatchery special swedish.

I charge $25 & up for laying hens. Will this be her second season? If I had a pair, I'd start them at roughly $40. Really depends on time of year, what your customer's want, and how bad you want to get rid of them. If you're not in a hurry, then set a good price and don't waiver much. As long as it's fair, someone will come around willing to pay.

Back
Top Bottom