How Much for Duck Eggs *** Another Question****

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by WindyOaksYokes, Nov 1, 2007.

1. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    How much should I sell duck eggs for? I sell my chicken eggs for 3.00 a dozen with good success. Can anyone help? Any advice would be much appreciated....
    Thanks... Tes

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  2. SteffieInMN

SteffieInMN Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2007
    i've seen people on craigslist here (Twin Cities metro area, MN) selling them for $2 per doz.

but if you're getting $3 per chicken doz...wow!

3. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    i've seen people on craigslist here (Twin Cities metro area, MN) selling them for $2 per doz.

but if you're getting $3 per chicken doz...wow!

The stores around here are selling them for close to that price too. So that is not really all that expensive I don't think in my area. I was actually thinking of dropping the price... but customes tell me that 3.00 is a fair price and they would be willing to pay more.... "Cha Ching" [​IMG]

I just dont really know what to sell the duck eggs for... they are bigger and richer... not to mention they are used specialty dishes... but I do not want to over price either.

Please.... Those of you who are selling duck eggs... can you please tell me what you are charging​

4. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I sell mine fro $3 a doz, but have seen them at Farmer's Markets in the city for $7 and more! I have a friend who sells hers in Southern Oregon for $12 a dozen!!!
    It just depends on your demand.

5. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I sell mine fro $3 a doz, but have seen them at Farmer's Markets in the city for $7 and more! I have a friend who sells hers in Southern Oregon for $12 a dozen!!!
    It just depends on your demand.

You have got to be kidding me??? OMGoodness!!!!!!! Well that is where I am going to sell them... at the farmers market in the City that I am close too... Got any Ideas of a price I should put on them??? The lady at farmers market said that there is no one else selling them....​

6. SloCrevs

SloCrevs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    I'd sell 'em for $5-6 a dozen. Or, possibly by 1/2 dozen, I use some recipes that require duck eggs, and don't like having to buy 1 doz when it only calls for 4, then I have a bunch of duck eggs(i don't like them just plain). So maybe sell 'em by both dozen and half dozen? Hope I help a bit.

7. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    It really does vary by region. $5.00/dozen locally(VERY RURAL) but take a drive to the farmers market in the city and they sell for $12.00/dozen

8. SteffieInMN

SteffieInMN Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2007
    Wow!!! I am just astounded at $1 per egg. I must be missing the boat somewhere...I've got 18 duck eggs in the fridge, just collecting dust. My little Pekin girl has been working hard for over a month now. Maybe I ought to get a few more girls like her! [​IMG]

The 1/2 dozen sounds like a really good idea, esp if people wanted to try them but don't really need a whole doz.

Good luck with the sale, and post about how you do with them.

9. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    We have sold them for anywhere from $7 to $12 per dozen, but then we are located in a metropolis.

Chel

10. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Well, I was talking to a friend... and I thought about the dozen thing (before checking back on here) and came up with 50 cents an egg or 5.75 to 6.00 a dozen... but from what you are all saying... I can get more... hmmmm... thinking.... well this is a work in progress... I will just have to keep an eye on what you all suggest and see what happens.... will let you know how much they go for when I go out there..... next weekend... I have no egg cartons left... [​IMG] so have to wait til my supplies come in next week.

I would like to say thank you all for responding..... I appreciate the help!!!!!!! Keep coming with the suggestions

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by