how much for frizzles?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by pokey, Jul 7, 2008.

1. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    how much would be reasonable for a blue frizzle bantam cochin?i don't know if he meets show quality standards but i need to find him a good home. he is between 6-9 weeks old.

2. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    I give mine away free (sorry!). Roos are tough.

3. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    [​IMG]

4. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I've seen them anywhere from free to $25 not even show quality around here. Show quality goes from $25- $100 or more per bird around here. I'd love to have him but I live too far away [​IMG]

5. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    For bantam cochin frizzle roos??? Are you sure we are talking about the same thing?? I find it hard to believe someone would pay that for a hen, let alone a rooster. You can even look on eggbid and they aren't going anywhere near that high! I need to move whereever you are....lol.

6. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I was talking all chickens in general. At the swap meet I went to the frizzles were some of the most expensive there besides Silkies. I didn't get either as I wasn't willing to pay $15-$25 for just a pet chicken. I'll get some frizzle eggs later and hatch my own hopefully as I can get more chicks for $15 worth of eggs than just one bird. I think it's just because of the huge fad right now people inflated the prices. Some ugly Cuckoo Marans were $25 a bird and they had crooked toes. No thanks! I wanted some but not those ones at the swap meet. The $100 ones were show silkies that I saw.

7. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    i sold two a few months ago that were partridge for $10 each. if you have hens and want more babies you do need a roo..... i thought a few dollars wouldn't be too much, plus blue frizzle is hard to find here.mostly game chickens.oh well, just need to find him a home. had to choose between blue and splash, i like splash a little more.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by