How much for point of lay?

MargretaMach5

Chirping
May 16, 2020
I have Jill Reese Cream Legbars and 55 Flowery Hens for sale.
Great ones - How much should I ask for them once they’re ready to leave the brooder?

Depends on the market in your area. Rarer breeds around here would be $25-40. Production sex link are $10-15. Dual purpose breeds are $15-25.
Thanks for the prompt response - what if the price of same bird is $30 for day old chick. Same answer?

Thanks for the prompt response - what if the price of same bird is $30 for day old chick. Same answer?
Day olds would be $2-8 from what I've seen. Maybe more if it was really rare. Most people aren't going to pay a lot for unsexed birds knowing half could be males unless they were looking for meat. Also, at POL, you're selling the convenience of not needing to care for young chicks for several months before reaping the results.

Day olds would be $2-8 from what I've seen. Maybe more if it was really rare. Most people aren't going to pay a lot for unsexed birds knowing half could be males unless they were looking for meat. Also, at POL, you're selling the convenience of not needing to care for young chicks for several months before reaping the results.
These day olds sell for $30. I paid $29 for each day old chick. Both breeds are auto sexing a d quite prolific layers. Excellent foragers and lovely birds all around.

I am wondering what a person would pay for one at point of lay.

I mean, if I extrapolate, then I could conceivably ask a pretty high price - just don’t want to be greedy and really want to spread the knowledge of these breeds to other backyard keepers.

I mean, if I extrapolate, then I could conceivably ask a pretty high price - just don’t want to be greedy and really want to spread the knowledge of these breeds to other backyard keepers.
You may want to search for some specialty breeders and see what they are charging.

Depends on quality and your area.

Your thread title says POL but your post says out of brooder? Which point are you selling them at?

Cream Legbars aren’t very rare, BUT high quality ones can be hard to come by, so again, depends on quality.

I would pay $10-$15 for a hatchery POL CLB

but ~$50 for a high quality POL CLB.

Then I would pay $5-$10 for an Out of Brooder hatchery CLB.

And ~$25 for an out of brooder high quality CLB.

That’s just me personally.

Back
Top Bottom