1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How much for show girls?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Shared Acres, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    I have silkies, I have been charging $5 for my chicks. I recently bought some showgirl chick eggs and they have started hatching today.

If all hatch, we'll have 18. Supposedly half should be showgirl and from what I understood, the ones that aren't still have a good chance of producing showgirl offspring.

We only want a couple of them for our own stock, and will sell the rest.

I'm thinking that showgirls should go for more money as they are usually a little harder to come by.

If I was charging $5 for regular silkies, how much for showgirls?

And we are HOPING to have some white ones, those also seem harder to find, would you charge more for white chicks? LOL.

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:You've been misinformed. Those that aren't naked neck are pure Silkies and will not produce naked neck offspring. They dont carry the gene. They either have it or they dont......

Price would depend on the quality of the showgirls, and the age at which you sell them.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2008
  3. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Gotcha.

Two have hatched thus far, both showgirls. Except one has kind of yellowish skin.... kind of weird.

But here's my basic question, how much more should/would you pay for showgirls in comparison to regular chicks. If I'm selling regular, decent quality chicks for $5, should the same for showgirls be about $10? That's what I'm thinking, but I was just curious as to what others thought.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by