How much have your birds hurt you?

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by Lovely Emily, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Lovely Emily

Lovely Emily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    Just post your experience. The second worst time a bird of mine hurt me was a broody hen defending her nest. Have fun!

2. Well, my old broody hen bit me...the spot was red for days, and she almost drew blood!!!

3. HollyBird24

HollyBird24 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2011
    Manitoba, Canada
    I raise a lot of geese, and during nesting season I have lots of bumps and bruises on my legs from them defending their nests.

4. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    My chickens have never pecked me in my whole life, I got pecked for the first time yesterday when my best friends rooster nipped my nail polish.

5. BirdyMe

BirdyMe Chillin' With My Peeps

I once had a cochin rooster that bit me on the lip twice in the same day. He didn't stay very long....x)

I also have a gander. He's normally a gentleman, but when his females go broody, he naturally tries to defend anything within twenty square feet of the nest. A few weeks ago, he was going at me. I usually grab his neck right behind his eyes- not tightly. If I can keep my hand there, then he can't reach me. I happened to be a little slow this particular morning, and he grabbed my wrist. I lifted my arm into the air, and he just dangled- hanging off of my wrist. I started waving my arm around, and he ended up letting go. I had a lovely colored wrist for weeks. :)

6. TechnoCat

TechnoCat Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2011
    Wherever Angel is~
    My Australorpe, Pepper, HATES being picked up, and she has really sharp talons. (I think you know where this is going...) and I picked her up one day and she rotated her legs like she was riding a bike and her talons clawed my stomach. No blood, just really red marks.

7. NixNoodleNumbat

NixNoodleNumbat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Australia
    My chickens sometimes accidentally scratch me when they sit on my lap.

8. My bantam rooster may be small, but he is evil!! He flogs me :(

9. Sweetandsour

Sweetandsour Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2012
    my hens when they are broody :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by