How much is a gold cuckoo marans worth

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Vamp-A-Billy Princess, May 30, 2008.

1. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I am trying to sell a gold cuckoo marans and I don't know what it's worth. It is a roo. He is about 9 weeks old. The woman who sold him to me only breeds Marans and had each color in separate breeding pens. I don't know anything about shipping birds so I don't know how much that would be either. I don't know if I should try egg bid or if there's interest on here. I need to make some money so my husband won't flip about the next batch of eggs that I have in the works. Any ideas?

2. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Try posting on the yahoo groups maran breeders club. There are several groups there dedicated to marans. Honestly I think you could get about 30-40 dollars but shipping is expensive around 50.00 for a started bird.

3. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    Good idea. I'm in that group. I am getting out of the marans though. Moving on to polish and silkies.

4. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I f you weren't so far away I take him because I am into marans but shipping is way too much.

5. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    He is only worth what someone will pay for him. Try selling him for $25. Isnt a golden maran crele in color?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by