How much is an eglu?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bestbestbuddy, Mar 28, 2007.

1. bestbestbuddy

bestbestbuddy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2007
    ?

2. Mr.Dad

Mr.Dad Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    North Jersey
    About seven bills.......

About $650 too much imho........

3. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I agree, they look cute but there isn't much to them at all. Help with these building projects can sometimes be resolved by asking around. Retired people love to help with simple building projects and most tractors and small coops gives them a satisifying feeling for helping and labor can be more than reasonable, sometimes the results will please you, for alot less.[​IMG]

bigzio

4. Mr.Dad

Mr.Dad Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    North Jersey
    What part of the country are you in?

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I saw that site and I thought it was a joke because it is so small and like... expensive for what it is! I guess it's a real thing for thoes city folk willing to spend that kind of cash... I spend less than that a year on the birds and I revolve around 15-25 birds...

6. hypnojessi

hypnojessi Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2007
    Troy, MO
    I am plannin on building a "Eglu" type box for a portable tractor I am working on. I will try to take pics and post instructions on all of it once I am done. But as far as I'm concerns, as cute as those eglus are, that's just too much money for what it is. You can bulid a whole coop for less than that!!

7. shandea

shandea Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2007
    How's Corn?

8. V Chic Chick

V Chic Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bristol, England
    They're really expensive, and aimed at city folk with little imagination. You could buy a bigger wooden coop and run for less money.

9. GoPups

GoPups Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    The Eglu looks really cute and practical, especially for someone who lives in the city, but if I were a chicken, I'd want to be able to roost up high and fly around a bit.

10. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    My mom would say, "that's for people with more money than sense (cents)!"
    Stephanie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by