How much is this medicine

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Mattsiewrt94, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Mattsiewrt94

Mattsiewrt94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2013
    I know someone told me to get tylan powder for one of my chickens but what dosage should I get to put in the water it's just one of my chickens that have been acting strange please lemme know I'm trying to get her treated fast

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i used the injection but if you go to advanced search on here and look for tylan dosing , you should find it. wish i could be more help

3. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    You really should never give an antibiotic unless you are sure the bird has something it treats. Perhaps if you gave more deatilsof her symptoms and life style, we could help you figure out what the problem is.

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Since from your other thread it sounds as though you are dealing with a respiratory disease such as infectious bronchitis or a milder case of mycoplasma, you were told that you could use oxytetracycline or Tylan, but they won't help if it is a virus. Antibiotics only help with mycoplasma or secondary infections. You could try nothing for awhile, and watch them. If they develop more symptoms such as eye swelling, gurgling, or wheezing, then you could try a tetracycline like Terramycin or Duramycin10 since they are less expensive than Tylan. Tylan is pretty expensive running between $40-50. A packet of Duramycin or Terramycin would be less expensive.

5. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by