How much liquid corid should u give for treament??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cityfarmer88, Mar 16, 2017.

1. cityfarmer88

cityfarmer88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2016
    I have 3 baby chicks they r almost 3 weeks old I suspect an illness I just need to know how much liquid corid to give for a treatment dose ? Thank u

2. cityfarmer88

Jun 7, 2016
    Is it 2 teaspoons to a gallon I really don't know please help

3. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    I'm sorry you're having trouble.

Can you describe the symptoms that you are seeing that makes you suspect illness?

Corid is only used to treat Coccidiosis, here is the dosage :1 1/2 teaspoons Corid powder per gallon or 2 teaspoons of 9.6% Corid liquid per gallon.
    Give for 5-7 days - make sure this is the ONLY water available during that time period. Mix a fresh batch at least once a day.
    After they finish treatment offer some poultry vitamins and probiotics/plain yogurt.

Hope that helps[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. cityfarmer88

Jun 7, 2016

I'm suspecting coccidiosis one of my silkie frizzles is pooping mustard diarrhea looking poop alot and today she was walking around with her eyes closed she's still eatting and drinking she just looks sick. I called the lady I bought them from and she said to just start treatment that it sounded like it might be the start of it

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    That is correct. 2 teaspoons per gallon, or 1/2 teaspoon per quart. Make fresh daily.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by