How much should I expect to pay for Ruddy Ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by CrzyChicLady, Aug 9, 2011.

1. CrzyChicLady

CrzyChicLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    I really want some Ruddy Ducks. A guy down the road has two pair he wants to sell. These are the only ones he has and he's asking $50 per pair. Is this the regular price for them? I would rather just buy the two ducks and one drake but don't want to leave the one drake alone. Whatcha think??

2. birdboy508

birdboy508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2011
    east taunton
    thats cheap they go for 75 $ a pair.[​IMG]

3. CrzyChicLady

Oct 28, 2010
    Yeah!? [​IMG] Should I get both pair or a trio?

4. Dr. Todd

Dr. Todd Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    North American Ruddy Ducks or Ruddy Shelducks?

Big difference in price and care. Ruddy Shelducks go for around $100pr, N.A. Ruddy Ducks are twice that. Ruddy Shelducks are very easy to keep and simple enough to raise, North American Ruddy Ducks should be left to advanced ornamental duck breeders.

DT

5. njduck

njduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    wow and I got 3 n the freezer. I need a net not a shotgun

6. CrzyChicLady

Oct 28, 2010
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. CrzyChicLady

Oct 28, 2010
    Dr. Todd :

North American Ruddy Ducks or Ruddy Shelducks?

Big difference in price and care. Ruddy Shelducks go for around $100pr, N.A. Ruddy Ducks are twice that. Ruddy Shelducks are very easy to keep and simple enough to raise, North American Ruddy Ducks should be left to advanced ornamental duck breeders.

DT

Yes they are Ruddy Shelducks. Thanks!​

8. Dr. Todd

Dr. Todd Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    You'll need to watch the shelducks during the breeding season, they can be cantankerous and dangerous to other waterfowl. Not all pairs are as bad but be prepared to put them in a separate enclosure for the safety of your other birds.
    DT

9. CrzyChicLady

Oct 28, 2010
    Dr. Todd :

You'll need to watch the shelducks during the breeding season, they can be cantankerous and dangerous to other waterfowl. Not all pairs are as bad but be prepared to put them in a separate enclosure for the safety of your other birds.
    DT

Ok yes I am prepared for them to be separated. They will have a large breeding area with a nesting house. Should I get the two pairs he has or get a trio?​

10. birdboy508

birdboy508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2011
    east taunton
    dr todd my uncle sells them for 75 a pair but hes old school so he should raise the price and also you should check the im getting cacklers post because i wrote somthing funny.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by