how much should i pay for a sportsman

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by what was i thinking, Jan 7, 2009.

1. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    i had an ad on craigslist, looking for a cabinet style bator. this person responded that they had a gqf sportsman and i could look it up on the internet because he didn't have any pics.
    what should i pay for this?
    i asked him several more ?'s like how old and working good? model? so hopefully i have more info. but was looking for a ball park, so i don't waste anyone time if it is too much. thanks for your help and happy hatching.

2. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I have seen them go for as low as like 250 to 300 up to 500or 600 used (which IMO was too much for the high end) I think anything less than 300 would be a real deal. I haven't been able to find one in my area. I am sure others with more experience will respond to you. Good luck!

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I agree, about 350 would be my limit for a good used one. I have seen them for less. Good luck!

4. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    the person would like $325. i just wish i could see what it looks like before i drive anywhere.

5. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    the prices listed r very reasonable depending on the condition of it and the model#. if he wants u to look it up u need to know the model # to know what u r even remotely getting. personally if he can't show pics of what he is actually selling i'd not invest that much money in it but that is just mho i like to know what i'm getting. mine r the older style 1202 models with double waffers not all parts on the new ones will interchage it like electronic thermostats they would need modified to add that.
    hope that helps,
    silkie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by