How much should I sell my Lav Ameraucanas for?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by tothemoon, Oct 27, 2011.

1. tothemoon

tothemoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Texas
    I have some split black and lav 8 week old ameraucanas and I need to sell some of them. Was wondering how much to sell them for? I have both m and f black and m and f lavs and a few of the female lavs have no beard but are fairly large and good color. Should I sell them in pairs or as a group?

2. flowerchild59

flowerchild59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Southern IL
    I would check craig's list and see if anyone else is selling birds of your quality. Around here in southern IL, people won't pay much more than 7 to 10 dollars for a POL hen, no matter the quality.

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Lavender Ameraucanas, I would say about anywhere from $15 to 30 for POL pullet. Cockerals, a bit cheaper.

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    See here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=589612

They
    are lavender, no flaws, 3 months old. $20 per pair. I sell the chicks for $6. Older roosters with no flaws $10, with flaws like gold leakage or bad comb- anywhere from $5 to free.

If they have serious faults like clean faces or single combs I would sell them for the going rate of EEs in your area.
    Also- if you sell them in pairs you can get more for your roosters, and get the number of roos down faster. If you are lucky you will have a pullet or two left over to keep or sell as a trio, etc.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  5. tothemoon

tothemoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Texas
    Thanks for the info!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by