How much should we give back? ( pet sitting )

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BookWorm243, Jul 26, 2011.

1. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Me and my Mom have been pet sitting for our friends and wanted to start a small business out of it. We have started a website which still needs a lot of work, but that's besides the point [​IMG] We foster for our animal control and the shelter, and we would like to give a percentage back to them. So lets say for very $10 we give a % back but we can't decide how much. What do you guys think?

Thnks [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. verity

verity Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Clemmons
    I don't know about the % but I think it is wonderful that you want to share ---

I just looked at your website and wish you lived near me!

Best wishes for a continued successful venture -- :)

3. BookWorm243

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Thanks verity [​IMG] Our Shelter pulls animals from our Animal Control so they don't have to put as many dogs down. Then the Shelter transports them to other no kill Shelters where they will have more of a chance of being adopted. Of course this take a lot of funds to get them there so we thought it would be nice if we could give them some money to continue to do this. We just can't figure out how much [​IMG]

Truthfully what do you think of our website? I feel like somethings missing and I can't figure out what. It still needs some work, I haven't been able to get all the pages done as of yet.

What animals do you have?

4. verity

verity Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Clemmons
    I think your website is terrific -- :)
    It makes *me* want to go an stay with you -- forget the pets!

We have 'some of everything' in our critter family -- luckily we've found a sitter who can 'do-it-all' when we manage to have a vacation ---

We are active in several rescue groups and when we keep dogs for friends who travel, we ask that they make a donation to the rescue groups -- :)

5. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

What a great idea! I'm sure whatever you give will be very much appreciated. [​IMG]

6. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Quote:X2! I wish you were located near me! I would leave my Yorkie with you so my DH and I could go away more often over night. Best of luck with your business!!! [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Your website is gorgeous! Great job!!!!!

Under the tab about kennel free boarding, you may want to consider spelling out UTD. Not everyone is internet lingo savvy. [​IMG]

8. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Cant answer your question but sittersity.com might be worth checking out to bring you more work. The apparently help pet sitters an other types of sitters connect with people that need them.

9. BookWorm243

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Thanks everyone!

debiraymond, fixed it! Thanks for letting me know.

We are thinking for every $10 to give 10% to the shelter. What do you guys think?

10. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Great website!!! I think that 10% is great. [​IMG]

Under Kennel Free Boarding it says "We also have experience with dogs who need daily medication and except dogs who need this extra care!" It should say accept.

And I think its absolutely wonderful that you foster. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by