How much sugar per gallon of water?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bragabit, Aug 27, 2010.

1. bragabit

bragabit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Southern Utah
    I promise I USED the search function first. But didn't come up with a good answer. My chicks will be here in 50 minutes and I need to know the ratio of water and sugar for my poor dehydrated peepers! I promise to post pictures too [​IMG]

2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Ive never given chicks any sugar water. They really don't need it. Just good fresh clean water, make sure they each get a good drink, and they will be fine.

3. redturtle

redturtle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    stanardsville, va
    not that you probably have time now to go get electrolytes if you are worried about dehydration in your little fuzzy butts...

on really hot days i put 1 cup of gatorade in a 1 gallon drinker for my chixn...

and i just saw the other day that TSC has small packets of electrolytes/vitamins to add to water too...might have to give that a try next summer...but in the meantime the watered down gatorade water worked...kept them happy on those 100 + degree days we had....(glad those are gone...lol)

4. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    I always put a clove of garlic in the water, as did my mother and her father. we have never had a problem with them not drinking and the garlic helps keep away illnesses.

5. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    Quote:A tablespoon of ACV per gallon of water works also, and we still have 100+ days here. [​IMG] I can't wait until the go!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by