1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How much to ask for a trio of khakis?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DUCKGIRL89, Oct 6, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I will be selling my breeding trio of khaki campbells next spring once.my welsh harlequins are laying. I was wondering how much I should ask for them? I have two girls and a boy, both girls lay REALLY well, I get almost a egg a day from both, but im not sure how much to ask for them? Is $30.00 to much? BTW these are PQ (pet quality) ducks.

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    I would ask 7-8 each for them, but that is based on our market.

3. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Really? Ok. Maybe ill look on craigslist and see what my market is.

4. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Seriously? A point of lay chicken hen will bring $25 in the spring. I'd think that a young laying duck, early in the spring ought to bring more than $7. Heck, those ducks probably cost $7 apiece when they were day olds, if you include the shipping costs.

I suggest that you start higher. You can always drop the price if you don't get a response.

5. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    I could probably get $35 for the trio in my area.

6. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I looked on craigslist and I saw laying scovies for 12 bucks a duck. I just kinda confused? What should I sell them for? The two girls lay very well, I get one eggs a day from both. I was think something like $35 for the three too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by