How much to ask for bobwhite quail eggs or chicks?

tls_ranch

Stares at Chickens
10 Years
May 6, 2009
Northern California
My Coop
My Coop
I ordered a incubator set up from GQF that comes with 30 bobwhite eggs. I'm not really organized enough to hatch them or brood them yet. GQF's price for the quail eggs is $39.00. How much should I ask for the eggs on Craigslist? Or if I can hatch them how much for the chicks. Do you even call them chicks?
hu.gif
hide.gif

Unfortunately, unless you're selling locally, they're really not going to be able to sell them. Shipping once is hard on the eggs, shipping twice (especially if you've never shipped before) is unrealistic (well, hatching them afterwards is).

I was just going to try and sell them on Craigslist locally and hand deliver them. Hopefully the same day they arrive. I just don't have the time right now to deal with quail chicks. It was just a decent deal on a incubator and I don't plan to hatch any chicks of my own until the weather warms up a little.

Quote:
I wouldn't call that a decent deal. I bought just that, minus the eggs and shipped to Canada for less than that. Oh well.

If you can't sell them, why don't you boil them and pickle them if you don't want to hatch them.

Back
Top Bottom