How much to ask for bobwhite quail eggs or chicks?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by tls_ranch, Jan 11, 2010.

1. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

I ordered a incubator set up from GQF that comes with 30 bobwhite eggs. I'm not really organized enough to hatch them or brood them yet. GQF's price for the quail eggs is $39.00. How much should I ask for the eggs on Craigslist? Or if I can hatch them how much for the chicks. Do you even call them chicks? [​IMG] [​IMG].

2. urbaner

urbaner Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2010
    Do you have a link to this deal?

3. urbaner

urbaner Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2010
    Thanks. [​IMG] I wonder if they would do a deal for other types of quail.

4. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Unfortunately, unless you're selling locally, they're really not going to be able to sell them. Shipping once is hard on the eggs, shipping twice (especially if you've never shipped before) is unrealistic (well, hatching them afterwards is).

5. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

I was just going to try and sell them on Craigslist locally and hand deliver them. Hopefully the same day they arrive. I just don't have the time right now to deal with quail chicks. It was just a decent deal on a incubator and I don't plan to hatch any chicks of my own until the weather warms up a little.

6. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Quote:I wouldn't call that a decent deal. I bought just that, minus the eggs and shipped to Canada for less than that. Oh well.

If you can't sell them, why don't you boil them and pickle them if you don't want to hatch them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by