How Much To Feed Bantams

ToriMclgal

In the Brooder
Sep 28, 2015
Hi, y'all!
I have a Bantam hen (Japanese-Nankin cross) who I know overeats because her crop is ALWAYS hard and I never see not eating. She is housed with two smaller pullets who don't stand up for themselves at the feeder.

I've researched and researched, but I have not been able to find an actual measurement of how much a a bantam should eat daily.

Hope you can help!
-tmg

Chickens don't generally over eat, unless they are being fed treats. I always allow my chickens to eat all the ration that they want, while limiting treats and scratch.

Chickens don't generally over eat, unless they are being fed treats. I always allow my chickens to eat all the ration that they want, while limiting treats and scratch.
I know. We Have 35 laying hen who get the all-you-can-eat buffet. But this one is with two smaller, easygoing pullets and I have been told by several knowledgeable people that she's eating too much. I used to give her metalwork occasionally, but niw I limit them to feed and grass.

I know. We Have 35 laying hen who get the all-you-can-eat buffet. But this one is with two smaller, easygoing pullets and I have been told by several knowledgeable people that she's eating too much. I used to give her metalwork occasionally, but niw I limit them to feed and grass.
Sorry, I meant "mealworms"

From what I have been told a bantam is 1/4 the size & eats 1/2 as much as a large fowl. I think there is a lot of leeway in that statement however. Don't know how you could possibly know she is eating too much unless you watch here 24/7. If you are worried about the other two pullets, perhaps you should separate them.

Back
Top Bottom