How much to sell Cream Legbar X Blue Copper Maran?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by MrsCait, Jul 31, 2014.

1. MrsCait

MrsCait Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2014
    Hi! I have no idea what the cost of chickens are and how the different breeds vary. I have a 14 week old(born Easter Morning) Rooster from a Blue Copper maran roo and a Cream Legbar hen. I know that means if he was a hen he would produce Olive Eggs.

He also has that French standard Maran feathering on his feet.

We kept him as long as we could but I think it's time he goes to another. He has been handled from birth. I would like to rehome him in my local community but I have no idea how much to ask for.

I do know that his parents are not average breeds and the chicks go for around $15-$25 for a less than week old pullet in my area

He was Black sex linked at birth
    [​IMG]
    Any opinions are appreciated!

These are photos at 12weeks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With his ladies!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  2. ChickenAndMore

ChickenAndMore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2012
    Texas
    If he is a mixed breed you wont get much for him. I sell my mixed roos for 5-10 dollars depending on age.

3. MrsCait

May 1, 2014
    @ChickenAndMore does it make a difference if he is an Olive Egger and not jut a mixed breed?

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Probably not - most will regard him as just a cross bred. You might try advertising in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' - perhaps someone is looking for an OE cockerel. He's an attractive bird

5. MrsCait

May 1, 2014
    @sourland thanks! We love watching him, his black feathers are iridescent green. Dad said his barred feathers he would make some pretty fishing lures. :p

I'll go ahead and post there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by