How much to sell for????

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by mustangsaguaro, Dec 26, 2007.

1. mustangsaguaro

mustangsaguaro Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    I have a few Old English chickens (6 pullets and 1 cockerel) I am either trying to sell or trade for a different breed of chicken. If I can't trade them but someone wants to buy them how much can I sell them for? A few of the pullets have started laying eggs. They are all 7 months old.

THanks

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Not sure about your part of the country, but here they would go for about $10 each.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Depends on the local market like rooster red said. Here point of lay birds go for upwards of 15 each. Depends on the area though as some breeds and quality of bird can bring in more.

4. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Kim,

What color are your Old English pullets?
    Is there anyway that you can email me pics of them?

Chel

5. mustangsaguaro

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    Quote:Not sure of the colors. Right now I've got limited access to the internet. No computer at home right now. I will see what I can do though to get some pics to you. Be patient give me a few days, if you can.

6. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Are any of them speckled, spangled, or spotted? Black and white with or without red/gold?

7. TripleStackPoultry

TripleStackPoultry Out Of The Brooder

Dec 23, 2007
    Niantic, IL
    Just post some pics on here and I'd be glad to give you my best guess at variety and quality..... I'm a near genius when it comes to OE's....

8. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Quote:And humble to boot! [​IMG]

9. mustangsaguaro

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    Quote:I have one black for sure. Then the others have either black or red in them. A few of them may be brown breasted brown red and a few black breasted red. I am going to try to get pics. tonight so I can load them tomorrow.

10. mustangsaguaro

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    Ok, here are some pics of my chickens. If you can tell me what color they are considered, plus how much I can sell them for that would be great. And, if there is anyone in the California Bay Area that wants these guys let me know.

[​IMG]

I have 2 hens that are this color. 1 if not both are for sale

[​IMG]

I have 3 hens the color of the one in the background. Sorry it's not a great shot. These are all for sale.

[​IMG]

I have 2 of these hens, they are not for sale but wanted to know what color they are considered.

[​IMG]

This is the mother of all the above w/ the acception of the 2nd picture. Right now she's moulting pretty bad. What color is she, and she's not for sale.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are both of my roosters. The 2nd one is for sale, am thinking about selling the 1st one too, but am unsure at the moment as he is very pretty I think.

Thanks
    Kim

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by