How much to sell sizzle showgirl silkies?

Silkiechickie13

Chirping
Nov 19, 2017
Hi,
I have 5 sizzle silkies that are about 2 1/2 months old and I want to sell them, but I am not sure how much to sell them for. They are from show quality birds, they all have the correct combs, fluffy crests, five toes etc. Regular silkie chicks from "show quality" birds usually go for about (sometimes even 1 day old chicks) $30-40 for chicks on craigslist in my area. I am thinking of selling my chicks for higher than that since show quality sizzles are not as common and because they are older. I included some photos of the parents as well, they are some of my favorite birds.
Thank you in advance :)
IMG_2123.JPG IMG_2054.JPG IMG_2167.JPG IMG_2156.JPG IMG_2138.JPG IMG_2144.JPG IMG_2126.JPG IMG_2089.JPG IMG_2058.JPG IMG_2055.JPG IMG_2075.JPG IMG_2061.JPG p silkie.jpg luv silkie.jpg

Attachments

• p silkie.jpg
    p silkie.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 17
He was!! I don’t think I have any pics on this device... he was beautiful and such a nice boy!!!

I miss him! We had to get rid of him tho bc he was picked on by the other roos. He was such a good chicken at fairs too!! He once went to state fair but got sick and couldn’t participate!

Aww that's a bummer:( It seems like it is always the sweetest ones that get picked on. One of my calmest roos seems to get picked on the most as well:(

it all depends on your area, im pretty urban and a popular local farmer around here charges 40 for a six month old hen. In my area you could get away with 80 for a show bird, it all depends on what your local market can afford.

That makes sense. Thank you
it all depends on your area, im pretty urban and a popular local farmer around here charges 40 for a six month old hen. In my area you could get away with 80 for a show bird, it all depends on what your local market can afford.

That makes sense. One day old silkie chicks go for around 30-40 here and I am pretty sure sizzles would be worth more. I guess I will just have to put them up for sale and see.

Wow! He must have been one beautiful rooster.:)
He was!! I don’t think I have any pics on this device... he was beautiful and such a nice boy!!!

I miss him! We had to get rid of him tho bc he was picked on by the other roos. He was such a good chicken at fairs too!! He once went to state fair but got sick and couldn’t participate!

Back
Top Bottom