how much would a good incubator cost?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Coopedup:p, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Coopedup:p

Coopedup:p Chillin' With My Peeps

i am buying one. but i wou like to know how much a pretty good incubator would be.anyone know? and they should have some at tractor supply right?! haha

2. topeka

topeka Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Northeast Missouri
    Coopedup:p :

i am buying one. but i wou like to know how much a pretty good incubator would be.anyone know? and they should have some at tractor supply right?! haha

LG at tractor supply $45

If you have the extra money you would probably want a little nicer bater.​

3. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    depends on many factors:

what you want to hatch?
    How many at a time?
    how much do you want to do manually?
    How much you want to spend?

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Go to Brinsea.com

great incubators.

5. Apprentice_egger

Apprentice_egger Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2009
    Morrisville, Vermont
    Nasco http://www.enasco.com/farmandranch sells a complete incubator kit for only $110.95 which includes a forced air incubator and automatic egg turner. I think it's a good deal for the whole set. The LG you get at TSC will cost you over $120.00 with a fan kit and egg turner, and you'll have to order the fan kit.

6. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    I'd get the best you can afford, myself. Otherwise you might spend more time posting about problems than you do hatching!

If I was going to point you toward a be-all, end-all machine, I'd say the Dickey. I have not used one but the guy who builds them is alive to offer support and troubleshooting and I have heard it recommended by many different people from different walks of life and different birds. If I hadn't gotten a great deal on my Humidaires, it was my new incubator of choice. The Humidaires were recommended to me as being especially good for waterfowl too though, so that is what I went with. No point in buying the best stock I could and then buying my incubators on the cheap, I figured.

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I have a Hovabator 1588. It has a fan, and a temperature that's already factory set. I am the turner. I think if it stopped working I would buy the same one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by