How much would it cost to feed a breeding trio of bantam silkies???

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by DUCKGIRL89, Sep 17, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I have always thought that bantam silkie chickens were so adorable. My mom has a few hens and roosters and I would love to buy a breeding trio of them, but how much would they eat? I have 9 ducks right now, and soon to be 11, and they could posibly go through 200 lbs a month! How much would three silkies (bantams) eat a day? Thanks!

PS:if you say a lb each a day, then theres no way I can get any.

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:How about not getting more ducks and take on the trio? Silkies, and all bantams don't, typically, eat alot at all. I have a feeder cup ( 8 ounces) in my breeder pen with 3 birds. I fill the cup once a day...Some days they hardly touch it-some days its completely gone!

3. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    well..... Ducks are kinda my thing, these silkies would just be like pets. The ducks are the way I plan on making money. And these two new ducks im getting are coming today, so I cant very well back out on it. Insted of a "breeding" trio, I was thinking just three hens. Because my mom has more then enough roos. She wouldnt mind me useing one if needed. And the main reason I want these is to incubate my ducks eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by