How much would YOU charge for Quail Eggs?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by awesomefowl, Feb 10, 2011.

1. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

For eating fresh. I *might [​IMG] * be getting quail for eggs and meat soon, and am planning on selling the eggs in Ithaca, NY and possibly at the local healthfood store. [​IMG] again!
    How much would you charge?
    How much do quail eat, anyway? I don't think I'll get rich (not becoming a "quail tycoon" LOL!) but I'd like to cover my costs.
    Thanks! awesomefowl

2. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Quote:Thirty birds will go through about a bag possibly a little more a month. I sell eggs $3 a dozen locally.

3. awesomefowl

Thats a nice price! Are you in a high-end area? That is more than I can get from chicken eggs, and my flock is currently closed.

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I charge to pay off feed bills, the value of the birds, cartons. Raising these birds are not cheap and I strive for high quality. $6.00 a dozen here.

5. awesomefowl

I doubt I could get 6.00 here. Maybe I will try 3.00 or 3.50 and see how they do. First, I should GET the quail! [​IMG] But I want to figure all this out before hand.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I would think you could get better prices for them there. I charge $4 a dozen here in BFE Kentucky.

7. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Quote:I would think you could get better prices for them there. I charge $4 a dozen here in BFE Kentucky.

[​IMG]
    "BFE Kentucky"... I'm sure I went thru there... Looked alot like BFE Kansas only more hills... [​IMG] Bill

8. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Quote:you might try starting at $4 /dz and if they buy 2 dz 3.50 and if they buy more then 4 dz then $3 dz something along those lines I sell a fair number to employees of restaurants around here

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY

[​IMG]
    "BFE Kentucky"... I'm sure I went thru there... Looked alot like BFE Kansas only more hills... [​IMG] Bill

[​IMG]

10. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    A jar of these: http://southerncoastent.com/# sells for $6 around these parts.....and sell quick, too. (8 oz. jar with 13 eggs inside). Just showing you abilities and possibilities.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by