1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How much would YOU charge for Quail Eggs?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by awesomefowl, Feb 10, 2011.

1. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

For eating fresh. I *might [​IMG] * be getting quail for eggs and meat soon, and am planning on selling the eggs in Ithaca, NY and possibly at the local healthfood store. [​IMG] again!
    How much would you charge?
    How much do quail eat, anyway? I don't think I'll get rich (not becoming a "quail tycoon" LOL!) but I'd like to cover my costs.
    Thanks! awesomefowl

2. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Quote:Thirty birds will go through about a bag possibly a little more a month. I sell eggs $3 a dozen locally.

3. awesomefowl

Thats a nice price! Are you in a high-end area? That is more than I can get from chicken eggs, and my flock is currently closed.

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I charge to pay off feed bills, the value of the birds, cartons. Raising these birds are not cheap and I strive for high quality. $6.00 a dozen here.

5. awesomefowl

I doubt I could get 6.00 here. Maybe I will try 3.00 or 3.50 and see how they do. First, I should GET the quail! [​IMG] But I want to figure all this out before hand.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I would think you could get better prices for them there. I charge $4 a dozen here in BFE Kentucky.

7. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Quote:I would think you could get better prices for them there. I charge $4 a dozen here in BFE Kentucky.

[​IMG]
    "BFE Kentucky"... I'm sure I went thru there... Looked alot like BFE Kansas only more hills... [​IMG] Bill

8. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Quote:you might try starting at $4 /dz and if they buy 2 dz 3.50 and if they buy more then 4 dz then $3 dz something along those lines I sell a fair number to employees of restaurants around here

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY

[​IMG]
    "BFE Kentucky"... I'm sure I went thru there... Looked alot like BFE Kansas only more hills... [​IMG] Bill

[​IMG]

10. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    A jar of these: http://southerncoastent.com/# sells for $6 around these parts.....and sell quick, too. (8 oz. jar with 13 eggs inside). Just showing you abilities and possibilities.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by