How much would you pay for these eggs?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TK Poultry, Jan 1, 2010.

1. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    I'm getting some unfertile eggs from these guys and I've never seen swedish duck hatching eggs for sale and I'm just asking for an estimate of sorts for these eggs. I will of course post pictures of the parents and some of the babies I've hatched from these guys. I've only taken three to one show and that was at the county fair.

I won: Champion Medium Duck, 2 1st, 3 seconds (I took three and bought two from another 4h'er)

here are some pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

edited to add a picture
    sorry again about the double post computer glit feel like an idiot [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2010
  2. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    WOW Those are gorgeous. I don't know what you would get for the eggs, but very pretty birds!

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    If I were to sell eggs from my trio, I would sell them for $1.00 - $1.50 each plus shipping.

4. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    ok and sorry about the double post i dont know why that happened my computer said it only posted once o well i guess some moderator will pick up on it and i dont think all of the pictures posted and thanks for giving me a ball park price i didnt want to over price

5. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    I want some!! [​IMG]

6. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I miss my blue swede drake [​IMG] . As far as price.... Not sure what id pay. Maybe $7 OR $8 for a half dozen? I mean you would make more money from the ducklings than eggs thats for sure.

7. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    of course but not a big duck market out here but i think i might want to charge maybe $8-10 for a half dozen and $13-15 for a dozen plus shipping would that be too much but the value will go up if they do well at the open show im not jacking up the price for a county fair win but ive seen some people sell a dozen of EE eggs for $20 so i dont think thats too outrageous

8. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Yep, EEs are so common and they're not even a pure breed so $20 is too much, but I think the prices you said for the duck eggs would be very reasonable.

9. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    EEs are common and mixed i consider them a designer chicken since they are bred soo much but you never know what you are going to get from them its crazy even if they have pretty birds no tellin what the babies will look like and i thought those prices would be reasonable hopefully someone who hatches,shows, and sells swedes will chime in soon but i want to be reasonable and not stick it to someone!

10. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    anyone else that would like to chime in on the subject so i can get a wide variety of opinions

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by