How much would you pay for this coop? *PICS*

Countrychick8540

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 8, 2011
So i'm looking into buying this coop. I'll tell you the price after I get some responses. It's brand new, and they will deliver(for a fee) Just don't want to "overpay".

Thanks!

very nice coop, its not what we would pay but what you think its worth to you. if you are good with a saw and hammer you could make one but if not then pay what you think its worth. in the UK you could pay maybe £199 for that type. as you know ready made coops are not cheap. my coop cost me £50 in materials and a couple of days to put together. the most expensive part was the ply for the sides and roof.

When I am costing things out like this I look at multiple factors, things like - What is it made out of? What are the dimensions? Would I have a hard time finding any of the pieces to build one (ex: specific type of hardware/lumber/wire etc)? Do I have the skills to make something similar? Do I have time to make something similar? Does it call to me or do I look at it and go "meh, it's ok"?

They want $400 plus delivery.

I will add that I am not a builder. I could build my own, but god knows how it would turn out! I wouldn't be able to add all the little doors and such if I did it myself.

I also placed an ad looking for someone to build me a coop, all the responses would be about $300-$400, PLUS materials, or more!. So that option isn't cheap either.

I really don't want to spend that much on one, but the "prefab ebay coops" are almost that much, and are a lot cheaper...

I'm still up in the air on it!

I'm new here but also looking to build a coop. That seems to be a really high price for a small coop. What part of the world are you in?

They want $400 plus delivery....

A rule of thumb, "Take the cost of materials and then double that cost to figure what labor could cost".

$400 so I'd figure $200 is for labor. $20 an hour for 10 hours of work. I don't see 10 hours of labor in that coop. I don't see $200 of materials in the coop either.

Last edited:
I am in Wisconsin. And everyone up here seems to think that they can charge whatever they want for coops! Since there's hardly ever any for sale.

Back
Top Bottom